giWeather is a Joomla! module and WordPress widget that shows the weather forecast with a clean, clear and responsive style inspired by Google.
Update 9 October 2015: Starting from 9 October 2015 OpenWeatherMap requires a valid APPID for access. Register a free account on OpenWeatherMap to receive a free App Id; Once you have your App Id enter it in the configuration of giWeather;
- Endless colors. Possibility to choose the color of the weather module with a simple color picker;
- Unit of Measure support: Imperial/British and Metric/International;
- TimeZone support: possibility to choose the time zone of the weather forecast;
- Font Size selection: Small, Medium, Large;
- Many iconset (from near reality to flat icon): Iconvault Forecast (font), Meteocons (font/img) dark and light, gk4 (img), MeteoAM (img, external), OpenWeatherMap (img, external), Yahoo (img, external), Google (img, external);
- Deferred load of module in order to speed up website loading;
- Data cache for faster loading and reduce the demands on the forecast source;
- Fully responsive - will adapt to any device;
- Advanced touch / swipe support built-in;
- Wind icons with intensity and direction;
- Possibility to choose the time horizon of the forecast;
- Possibility to show or hide the detail sections of the module: Locality, Date, Descriptive weather, Humidity , Pressure , Wind, Thumbnails Forecasts;
- Multilanguage forecast descriptive text support (OpenWeatherMap): English, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Ukrainian, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Polish, Finnish, Dutch, French, Bulgarian, Swedish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Turkish, Croatian, Catalan;
- Browser support: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS, Android, IE.
- Highly customizable with CSS;
- Integrated with Joomla and WordPress update system;
- Joomla! 2.5 or Joomla! 3
- WordPress 3.5.1 or above
- PHP 5.3 or higher
giWeather is free software released under the GNU General Public License.
giWeather is developed by Garda Informatica.
If you find giWeather useful, please consider donating. Your contribution will help cover the costs of developing, distributing and supporting of giWeather.
- v1.3.0: 28 Dec 2015
- Added Unit of Measure selection: Imperial/British and Metric/International;
- Added TimeZone Support;
- Added Wind White Iconset;
- Added Font Size selection: Small, Medium, Large;
- Hidden paging when all forecasts are visible without scrolling;
- v1.2.0: 12 Oct 2015
- Added AppId support for OpenWeatherMap. OpenWeatherMap from October requires a valid APPID for access. Register an account on OpenWeatherMap to receive a free key;
- Added Color;
- Added complete Albanian language thanks to Festim Krasniqi;
- v1.1.0: 17 Feb 2015
- First Release of Wordpress version;
- Added complete Dutch (NL) language thanks to Bert Lammerts van Bueren www.webdiezain.nl;
- Added frontend language: Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Polish, Finnish, French, Bulgarian, Swedish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Turkish, Croatian, Catalan;
- v1.0.0: 03 Feb 2015
- First Release